Rule the Kingdom with Fantasy Disney Combos in Smash Up: Disney Edition – Available Now!
If you haven’t had the chance to pair up your favorite characters and battle it out in the unpredictable card game of Smash Up by now, the perfect time to get in on the “Shufflebuilding Game of Total Awesomeness” has arrived—especially if you love Disney!
Smash Up: Disney Edition allows players and fans to combine unlikely allies, create synergies, and dominate with teams of Disney characters of all kinds, and it’s available now from The Op!
Announced earlier this year to the excitement of fans eager for all-new Factions, Smash Up: Disney Edition is the second officially licensed version of the award-winning game to come from AEG’s and The Op’s partnership, following the enthusiastic reception of Smash Up: Marvel. Keeping in the spirit of the original game, this nostalgia-packed version promises a fun shake-up thanks to familiar names and faces that Disney fans will never get enough of. Combine these eight Factions for a possible 28 decks, each with their own ways to complement your play style:
- Frozen: The Anna, Kristoff, and Sven cards will find each other, while many of your action cards assist in setting up your hand and discard pile for powerful and effective turns.
- Big Hero 6: Use the talents of cards like Hiro Hamada to turn Baymax, Wasabi, and the rest into a formidable fighting force.
- Wreck-It Ralph: The Wreck-It Ralph, Fix-It Felix Jr., and Sergeant Calhoun cards can use Cy-Bug Infestation and many other base modifiers to set things up for yourself and wreck things for your opponents!
- The Lion King: The Simba card can return to your deck after leaving play, and Mufasa’s presence in your discard pile makes many of your other characters and actions better.
- Mulan: Mulan, Li Shang, and other cards can build up their strength quickly with power counters, and can bolster your hand by drawing extra cards.
- Aladdin: The Aladdin deck can get the cards you need, whether from your own deck and discard pile, or from other players.
- Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas: This deck is the gift that keeps on giving, with cards that can stick around or come back after bases have been scored.
- Beauty and the Beast: Enchantments abound in Beast’s castle! Some cards discard other cards to do their effects, some cards can play themselves after being discarded, and some cards are triggered by discards.
The game’s objective remains the same: Choose two decks, combine their powers, and play those abilities to their maximum potential to take over bases, being the first to earn 15 or more Victory Points to win! To help players visually monitor their statuses, Smash Up: Disney Edition includes Power Counters and newly added enumerated Base Mats that make progress tracking a breeze!
Celebrate Smash Up’s 10th anniversary in 2022 by adding this compatible collection to any and all previously released core games and expansions to form a robust catalog from which players can create over 4,000 team combinations.
Smash Up: Disney Edition is designed for 2-4 players, ages 14 and up, and is available now for $34.99 from your favorite local game store and right here in The Op online shop! Create all-new collaborations and adapt them to your advantage to rule the kingdom. Include comic book team-ups to your battles with Smash Up: Marvel.
Trade tips with other Smash Up players by joining AEG’s public Smashposting Facebook group, where you can share wins, strategies, and stories with fellow shuffle-builders. Tag @theopgames, #theopgames, and #SmashUpDisney for a chance to be featured on our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! To learn more about AEG, go to www.alderac.com.