Spooky season is upon us! Although most Halloween events and trick-or-treating plans have been placed on hold this year, there are still many ways to celebrate the holiday with your friends and family, including tabletop gaming.
Game night is the perfect way to bring everyone together for a frighteningly good time while incorporating activities that inspire fun, laughter, and the spooky season spirit. If you’re on a witch hunt for the most ghoulish games to play this season, here are our top suggestions for Halloween-inspired games that are sure to be an absolute SCREAM!
Friday the 13th: Horror at Camp Crystal Lake
Ch-ch-ch-ch…ah-ah-ah! The murderous Jason Voorhees has returned, but this time, he’s coming to reap his revenge on your tabletop.
Friday the 13th: Horror at Camp Crystal Lake is the first board game inspired by the classic slasher films that keeps you on the edge of your seat as you press your luck against the formidable serial killer. Take on the roles of cliché camp counselors and collect as much lifesaving supply as possible by reaching into the camp bag and pulling out a random token, but watch out for Jason! If you pull two of his tokens, your luck has officially run out.
Attempt to survive five nights of terror by drawing supply tokens, backstabbing fellow camp counselors with Fear Cards, or returning to the cabin to bank points, and you just might make it out of Camp Crystal Lake alive!
The Coded Chronicles® Escape Room Game Series
The Coded Chronicles games are unlike any tabletop game you’ve played before! These are the first at-home escape room-style activity that integrates storylines from some of your favorite franchises into a code-revealing mechanic. Players must work together to gradually unlock new parts of the game and overcome nail-biting obstacles until they reach the grand finale. It’s just like a real escape room, but without the time limit!
- Scooby-Doo: Escape From the Haunted Mansion: After becoming stranded in a late night storm, Scooby-Doo and the gang find themselves in the home of Lady Fairmont only to discover that it holds a dark secret. Now it’s up to you to decode more than 50 individual clues, solve the mystery, and escape the haunted mansion by taking on the roles of Fred, Daphne, Shaggy, Velma, and Scooby
- The Shining: Escape From the Overlook Hotel: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. In order to escape the Overlook Hotel, you and your fellow players must assume the roles of Wendy and Danny and work together to solve challenging puzzles. Watch out for Jack and the hotel itself as they aren’t so keen on letting you leave…at least alive! (Coming out this November)
Ultimate Games for Horror Buffs
One of the best parts of Halloween is huddling together on the couch and watching scary movies in the dark…unless you’re watching through your fingers. Why not put all that horror movie knowledge to the test? Here are some games that are sure to challenge even the most avid horror fanatics!
- TRIVIAL PURSUIT®: Horror Ultimate Edition: Explore the darkest corners of pop culture in this fact-based challenge where survival skills are a must to answer 1,800 blood-curdling questions from across all horror genres. The spine-chilling game also includes six creepy movers for holding category wedges and a full-sized game board. May the best horror fan win!
- TRIVIAL PURSUIT®: Horror Movie Edition: For a quick and more compact trivia challenge, this version of TRIVIAL PURSUIT tests horror fans on over 100 years of terror including phycological thrillers, epic monster films, the paranormal, and the goriest cinema of all time.
Horror CLUE® Classics
CLUE is among the best classic Halloween games for its compelling “whodunit” narrative and simplistic gameplay. If you’re looking for a fun and unique way to enjoy this game with your family this season, here are some great options that feature some of your favorite spooky shows and films!
- CLUE®: IT: Taking on the roles of the kids from IT, players will move around the game board representing locations in and around the town of Derry, Maine to determine WHO Pennywise will abduct, WHAT object he will use to lure them, and WHERE he will take them from.
- CLUE® Scooby-Doo: Monstrous abductions are happening at Mrs. White’s Haunted Mansion! It’s up to Scooby-Doo and the gang to discover WHO was abducted, WHERE the abduction took place and WHAT Item the Monster left behind!
Frightening MONOPOLY® Games
We all know the classic property-trading game in which players buy, sell, and trade their way to riches, but what happens when the tried-and-true board game gets an eerie twist? Here are some of the best MONOPOLY titles from The Op that are ideal for your Halloween game night!
- Monopoly®: The Goonies: Watch out for booby traps as you embark on a swashbuckling tabletop adventure for One-Eyed Willy’s treasure. Buy, sell, and trade locations around Astoria, Oregon using collectible tokens such as Chester Copperpot’s Key, the Gold Doubloon, and the Statue of David.
- Monopoly®: Beetlejuice: “Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetle-” before you call his name three times, work your way through the strange and unusual afterlife of Monopoly: Beetlejuice! Buy, sell and trade your favorite dark comedy including the irreverent bio-exorcist himself to haggle the living daylights out of your competition and win with more than the ghost with the most!
- Monopoly®: Scooby-Doo: Get your Scooby snacks ready! Join Scooby-Doo and the gang as you buy, sell and trade monstrous locations from Scooby’s world.
- Monopoly®: The Nightmare Before Christmas: Iconic locations such as Jack’s Tower, Sally’s Alley, and Oogie Boogie’s Casino are yours to buy, sell, and trade in this spooktacular twist to the classic game. Fans of the cult classic will also be delighted to find collectible tokens modeled after their favorite characters and items from the film.
Harry Potter™: Death Eaters™ Rising
He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named has returned, and now he and his loyal army of Death Eaters are wreaking havoc in the Wizarding World. Based on the events of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter: Death Eaters Rising is a cooperative card and dice game that calls for players to work together and recruit witches and wizards from Dumbledore’s Army, the Order of the Phoenix, and Hogwarts. It’s up to you to retaliate against evil Death Eaters and protect the Wizarding World from the Dark Lord’s corruption for good!
Games for Heroes and Villains Alike
“You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” Bring Gotham City to the tabletop this Halloween and satisfy your inner-hero or bad guy with these Batman board games.
- Talisman: Batman Super-Villains Edition: At long last, players have the opportunity to take on the roles of The Caped Crusader’s wicked antagonists including The Joker, Harley Quinn, Bane, The Riddler, and more. Once you’ve chosen your role, players will sneak and fight their way through the halls of Arkham Asylum, evade the cops and Batman himself, and race to become King or Queen of the Underworld!
- The Batman Who Laughs™ Rising: A disturbing cross between The Caped Crusader and The Joker™ is bringing his darkness from the comics to the tabletop. Featuring a full-color custom sculpt of The Batman Who Laughs, this wicked addition to the cooperative Rising series will add a uniquely grim visual to your game collection this fall. (Coming out this November)
Spooky Puzzling Puzzles
These fun and spooky-themed puzzles are sure to leave you in pieces! Find your favorite characters and bring them to life on your tabletop. When you’re done, you can also frame the final product to add something unique to your Halloween décor.
- The Shining “Come Play With Us” 1000 Piece Puzzle: Those who remember the spine-chilling moment from the film will enjoy piecing together this puzzle forever…and ever…and ever.
- Scooby-Doo “Those Meddling Kids!” 1000 Puzzle: Mystery Inc. is on the case! Join those meddling kids and their canine-pal Scooby in this character-filled 1,000-piece puzzle.
- Friday the 13th “Friday the 13th” 1000 Piece Puzzle: Good luck avoiding Jason Voorhees with this 1,000 piece puzzle featuring the hockey-masked murderer.
- Beetlejuice “Graveyard Wedding” 1000 Piece Puzzle: You’re invited to a wedding! Celebrate the marriage of the prankster ghoul and Lydia Deetz in this 1,000 piece puzzle.
- IT Chapter Two “Return to Derry” 1000 Piece Puzzle: It’s time to float! Return to Derry and face-off with a hungry Pennywise.
- Joker “Clown Prince of Crime” 1000 Piece Puzzle: Put a smile on that face as you assemble Batman’s nemesis and one of Gotham’s most fearsome villains.
- Harley Quinn “Die Laughing” 1000 Piece Puzzle: Hey, puddin’! Take a swing at this 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle capturing retro-style DC villainess Harley Quinn in fine detail and true form, from the stickers on her mallet to her pink pom-pom laces.
Let’s roll! These themed dice sets are sure to make a “killer” impression at your game nights. Collect them all for several spine-chilling assortments that you can use all season long.
- Friday the 13th Dice Set: This dice set is Camp Crystal Lake-approved and features graphics from the classic 80s slasher film including Jason’s mask, the Camp Crystal Lake sign, bloody axe, handprint, and more.
- The Shining Dice Set: You’ll feel as if you’ve checked into the Overlook Hotel when silhouettes of the classic horror film are rolled.
- Beetlejuice Dice Set: It’s showtime! This 6-sided dice set features your favorite characters from the classic 80s dark comedy including Beetlejuice, transformed Andy and Barbara Maitland, Sandworm, and more.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas Dice Set: The scary and merry residents of Halloweentown will make an appearance at your game nights with this delightful dice set for fans of the classic film.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas Premium Dice Set: The Boogeyman’s iconic skull dice can now be yours! Featuring 6-sided red and black custom sculpted dice and a tin to safely store them, this collectible dice set is sure to make an impression with your fellow Oogie Boogie fanatics.
Happy Halloween from The Op! We’d love to see you enjoying these Halloween games. Be sure to share your photos and videos to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using #TheOp or by tagging @TheOpGames for a chance to be featured on our social media pages.