Spooky season is upon us! As Jack-O-Lanterns grace our front porches and pompously large bags of Halloween candy fill our shopping carts, it’s time to start thinking about fun and “devilish” ways to entertain your friends and family this year.
Combining your next Halloween party with a game night is the perfect way to bring everybody together for a frighteningly good time while incorporating activities that inspire fun, laughter, and the spooky season spirit. If you’re on a witch hunt for only the most ghoulish games to play this season, here are our top suggestions for fun Halloween games that are sure to be an absolute SCREAM!
The Best Halloween Games to Play This Season
1. TRIVIAL PURSUIT®: Horror Movie Edition
One of the best parts of Halloween is huddling on the couch with your friends and family and watching scary movies in the dark…unless you’re watching through your fingers. Why not put all that horror movie knowledge to the test?
With TRIVIAL PURSUIT®: Horror Movie Edition, you and your Halloween party guests will be tested on over 100 years of horror, including psychological thrillers, epic monster films, and the paranormal. May the best horror fan win!
Celebrate your favorite scary movies with TRIVIAL PURSUIT: Horror Movie Edition this Halloween!
CLUE is among the best classic Halloween games for its compelling “whodunit” narrative and simplistic gameplay. If you’re looking for a fun and unique way to enjoy this game with your guests this season, here are some great options that feature some of your favorite spooky shows, games, and films!
- CLUE® IT: Taking on the roles of the kids from IT, players will move around the game board representing locations in and around the town of Derry, Maine to determine WHO Pennywise will abduct, WHAT object he will use to lure them, and WHERE he will take them from.
- CLUE®: Scooby-Doo: Monstrous abductions are happening at Mrs. White’s Haunted Mansion! It’s up to Scooby-Doo and the gang to discover WHO was abducted, WHERE the abduction took place and WHAT Item the Monster left behind!
- CLUE®: Five Nights at Freddy’s: In the dead of night, someone has kidnapped and murdered the security guard! Featuring a custom game board that lets you creep around the restaurant’s familiar rooms, players will unveil the clues to find out WHO killed the security guard, WHAT they used to assist them, and WHERE they stashed him in this special edition of CLUE.
- CLUE®: AMC® The Walking Dead®: In AMC’s The Walking Dead Clue edition, players return to Alexandria to find the guards protecting the walls have been killed and walkers are overrunning the community. You must solve WHO killed the guards, WHERE in Alexandria they were slain, and WHAT weapon was used. Was it Negan in the Infirmary using Lucille?
- CLUE®: Riverdale: The idyllic town of Riverdale has a secret. You must discover WHO killed Jason Blossom, WHAT weapon they used, and WHERE they killed him. Take on the roles of your favorite Riverdale characters to solve the mystery.
See our full line of CLUE games right now!
3. IT: Evil Below
When an ancient evil in the form of a creepy clown plagues the town of Derry, it’s up to The Losers’ Club to put a stop to this looming threat. In this do-or-die strategy game, players will take on the roles of their favorite Losers’ Club members and work together to outsmart Pennywise the Dancing Clown and his insatiable appetite for flesh. Will you defeat him or die trying?
Face Pennywise and IT: Evil Below to bring home the horror of Stephen King’s chilling tale.
4. The Nightmare Before Christmas Tabletop Games
Now celebrating its 26th anniversary, Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas sits high in the ranks of Halloween icons. That’s why fans of the movie definitely won’t want to skip an opportunity to host a The Nightmare Before Christmas themed game night this season!
MONOPOLY® , CLUE® YAHTZEE®, and MUNCHKIN®, and OPERATION® give the classic games you know and love a Halloween Town twist featuring your favorite characters from the movie. For an exciting two-player game, The Nightmare Before Christmas Collector’s Chess Set is a hauntingly beautiful strategy game that allows fans and collectors to play on Team Jack Skellington or Team Oogie Boogie. Which side will you pick?
View full line of The Nightmare Before Christmas games from The Op now!
5. Talisman: Batman™ Super-Villains Edition
“You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” These words never rang more true than during a game of Talisman: Batman Super-Villains Edition!
At long last, players have the opportunity to take on the roles of The Caped Crusader’s wicked antagonists including The Joker, Harley Quinn, Bane, The Riddler, and more. Once you’ve chosen your role, players will sneak and fight their way through the halls of Arkham Asylum, evade the cops and Batman himself, and race to become King or Queen of the Underworld!
Break out of Arkham Asylum with your fellow Batman fans with Halloween with Talisman: Batman Super-Villains Edition!
We all know the classic property-trading game in which players buy, sell, and trade their way to riches, but what happens when the tried-and-true board game gets a spine-chilling twist? Here are some of the best MONOPOLY titles from The Op that are ideal for your Halloween game night!
- MONOPOLY®: IT: Want a balloon? Immerse yourself in the horror that fills the town of Derry in this IT inspired rendition of Monopoly. This essential for Stephen King fans features custom Losers’ Club currency and tokens sculpted after significant items from IT.
- MONOPOLY®: Supernatural Collector’s Edition: The Supernatural Edition of Monopoly allows fans to buy, sell and trade famous monsters from the Supernatural TV series.
- MONOPOLY®: Five Nights at Freddy’s: Featuring 22 memorable faces from the series, MONOPOLY: Five Nights at Freddy’s lets you play as one of six metal tokens representing familiar characters and make your way around the board buying, selling, and trading animatronics from Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza, Sister Location, and more.
- MONOPOLY®: Coraline: Fans of Coraline and her “Other”-worldly adventures will feel right at home using tokens such as a Hair Pin, Looking Stone, and more to traverse the board, collecting Mr. Bobinsky, The Cat, and other memorable characters from the haunting stop-motion fantasy film.
- MONOPOLY®: Scooby-Doo: Join Scooby-Doo and the gang as you buy, sell and trade monstrous locations from Scooby’s world.
- MONOPOLY®: Beetlejuice: “Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetle-” before you call his name three times, work your way through the strange and unusual afterlife of Monopoly: Beetlejuice! Buy, sell and trade your favorite dark comedy characters such as Lydia, Delia and Charles Deetz, Adam and Barbara Maitland, and the irreverent bio-exorcist himself to haggle the living daylights out of your competition and win with more than the ghost with the most!
See our full line of MONOPOLY games right now!
7. Dungeon Academy
Graduation is right around the corner for the students of Dungeon Academy! However, you’ll have to prove your skills in a series of monster-infested dungeons before you can earn that diploma.
Dungeon Academy is a family-friendly roll & write adventure by yours truly and Matagot. Players will be able to choose their favorite student, each with their own unique strengths and abilities, and collect Mana and Health to escape all four levels of the dungeons before time is up. Watch out! You’ll have to battle monsters and collect loot to earn your glory!
Find Dungeon Academy and begin your final exam from the most prestigious academy in the land!
8. Blank Slate
Great minds think alike, and this game proves it! Blank Slate is an award-winning party game that requires players to draw a Word Cue Card and then write the word they believe best completes the phrase. The goal is to match with another player(s) without giving a single hint.
For Halloween games with Blank Slate, try using spooky-themed word cues such as:
- Pumpkin ___
- Witch ___
- Grave ___
The results are bound to be just as spine-chilling as they are hilarious. Bring home Blank Slate for a Halloween party you and your friends will be talking about until next year!
The #1 LOL Party Game is a must for any gathering, including this year’s Halloween party! Telestrations is a multi-award-winning game that has been the life of the party for millions of family game nights, reuninos, small parties, and even as an ice breaker.
Your family and friends will be entertained all-night-long with over 1,700 words to choose from in this draw and pass game. Simply draw what you see and then guess what you saw for hilarious and unpredictable outcomes.
Need some “All Hallows Eve” inspiration for your Telestrations game night? Here are some great words you can steal!
- Headless Horseman
- Haunted House
If you’ll have more than 8 players at your event (aren’t you popular?), try the Telestrations 12-Player Party Pack!
10. Harry Potter™ Hogwarts™ Battle: Defence Against the Dark Arts
Witches and wizards already set the stage for a chilling Halloween gathering, but throw Harry Potter in the mix, and you’ve got a “magical” party on your hands. Add a charm or two with Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle: Defence Against the Dark Arts, a new game from The Op based in The Wizarding World.
This two-player reimagining of the hit Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle allows players to choose a Hogwarts House, a magical pet, and challenge their opponent to a Wizard’s Duel using familiar spells and items from Harry’s enchanting world. The first player to stun their opponent three times takes home The House Cup!
‘Swish and Flick’ your way to the nearest Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle – Defence Against the Dark Arts or fall under the spell of more Harry Potter tabletop games from The Op.
Happy Halloween from The Op! We’d love to see you and your friends enjoying Halloween games, so be sure to post to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using #TheOp or by tagging @USAopoly for a chance to be featured on our social media pages.